Solved! My Yamaha remote for the RX-v471 reciever wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2020
Yes, the batteries are good. I used the Code Set button to no avail. Followed instructions on re-programming code, nothing. The remote lights up when buttons are pushed and I can see IR work by watching it through a cell phone camera but no other functions work. Anyone have any ideas? I got a new cable box, the surround sound seems to not be using all speakers and I just want to switch it to Dolby 5:1 but the remote just wont let me. Why is technology so unstable and difficult??!!?

Usually the remote codes only apply to the control of devices other than the AVR that the remote came with.

Does the remote operate the receiver's power and volume? In that case it's working fine.

Make sure that the receiver is not in direct mode. That would bypass the surround modes and might lock you out them

Check the audio menu of the cable box, Make sure it's set to output in 5.1

If the remote won't operate the receiver at all but is sending IR then the receiver itself may be the problem. The program button on the front panel may allow you to change the surround mode of the receiver.

Oct 24, 2020
Usually the remote codes only apply to the control of devices other than the AVR that the remote came with.

Does the remote operate the receiver's power and volume? In that case it's working fine.

Make sure that the receiver is not in direct mode. That would bypass the surround modes and might lock you out them

Check the audio menu of the cable box, Make sure it's set to output in 5.1

If the remote won't operate the receiver at all but is sending IR then the receiver itself may be the problem. The program button on the front panel may allow you to change the surround mode of the receiver.

Thank you for the response.

The remote does not operate the power or volume. The cable box is set to 5.1. I tried toggling the direct mode button but still have no receiver operation when pressing the remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.