Solved! Problem with Yamaha RX-V385 AV Reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2018
I have bought a Yamaha RX-V385 AV Reciever and hooked it up with a Panasonic LED TV

The problem is that when i play a movie from Netflix which is embedded in the TV, there is no sound coming from the Yamaha Amp.

From the TV settings i have choose the ARC Option, then i entered the Yamaha setup and switched the ARC option on.

The tv is plugged into the yamaha HMDI out, cause if i plug the TV in the HDMI in there wont be any display.

any ideas please?

Solution
Yes the receiver HDMI output has to be connected to the TV HDMI-ARC input. ARC saves having to use the equally good optical audio output which would require a toslink optical audio cable,
You may also have to assign ARC to an input name in the Yamaha menu. Check the manual.
You may also have to turn the TV speakers off in the TV menu. Again check the manual.
Try using the TV tuner, another app, or another source connected directly to the TV to determine if the issue is Netflix.
Yes the receiver HDMI output has to be connected to the TV HDMI-ARC input. ARC saves having to use the equally good optical audio output which would require a toslink optical audio cable,
You may also have to assign ARC to an input name in the Yamaha menu. Check the manual.
You may also have to turn the TV speakers off in the TV menu. Again check the manual.
Try using the TV tuner, another app, or another source connected directly to the TV to determine if the issue is Netflix.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.