My ZTE Lever just randomly turned off and it won't turn back on. It had a charge of 90%. It won't turn on or charge

Tammy_1108

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
My ZTE Lever phone was sitting in my lap and turned off on its own and now it won't come back on. What can I do?

Solution
Well it is possible that the battery died, or the phone died.

If you can't get it to do anything, and the device is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about it.

If it isn't under warranty, the only option I can think of, beside replacing the battery, is to try a "Hard Reset".

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you...
Well it is possible that the battery died, or the phone died.

If you can't get it to do anything, and the device is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about it.

If it isn't under warranty, the only option I can think of, beside replacing the battery, is to try a "Hard Reset".

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your phone, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the phone.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the phone...

1. Make sure that the phone is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the phone.

Solution

mwallen35

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
Tammy,
Thanks for the information. I was having the same problem, I didn't know about the buttons trick. Instead of doing a hard reset, I took the first options and did a reboot and it fixed it.