MyStartSearch? Browser hijacker. How do i remove for free? please help.

U_TouchedMyFries

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
Hello,
I just got back on my computer after about only four hours of no use. I come back and for some reason it is at the log in screen when i never shut it down or restarted it. I log in to it and all these things are suddenly on my desktop and downloaded, for example, computer maestro and a bunch of other crap. I went into uninstall a program and uninstalled everything i didn't know, but when i went onto Google Chrome my home page was switched to MyStartSearch. I have no idea what happened while i was gone. i downloaded steam on the computer and a couple games from it. i also downloaded league of legends and was on craigslist not to long ago but that's about it. Please help. Thank you. Also i don't know if this is considered a software problem. i don't know anything about this stuff yet and all i want to do is take care of my computer! it is a $650 gaming PC and i want it to be in tip top shape. If you could also give some tips on how to not let this happen again that would be very much appreciated.
Again, Thank you!

Solution
Install and run an antivirus program, avast or avg are good and their basic version is free.
For more security you can install adaware or hijack this or other similar antispyware program.
After installing make sure to run a full scan on your system.

bootcher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Install and run an antivirus program, avast or avg are good and their basic version is free.
For more security you can install adaware or hijack this or other similar antispyware program.
After installing make sure to run a full scan on your system.

Solution

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Anti-virus software will not remove malware unless the attack is a virus. Browser Hijacks require something like Anti Malwarebytes. Also alot of times Seachengine skow up in the Control Panel under programs and can be uninstalled. I have cleaned many a machines for friends and I use these 2 approaches and it usually corrects the problem. AMB's is also available to run realtime for 29.00 or so. It will stop the attack and a warning will come up saving you were attacked but AMB's stopped it.

Alexander-smile

Estimable
Aug 26, 2015
Can you change your Chrome Home page back to the previous one?
Open chrome menu, move to settings
At the “appearance” part, click “change”
Remove Mystartsearch.com…and enter Google.com as a default homepage and then click “OK”

At the “on startup” part, select “set page”
Remove “Mystartsearch.com…” and enter Google.com, then click “OK”
At the “search” part, select a favorite search engine like Google and then click “manage search engine”
One the window is opened, remove “Mystartsearch.com” and make Google to be default.

If the site keeps combing back, try the rest of the removal instructions of Mystartsearch in this post:http://guides.uufix.com/how-to-remove-mystartsearch-com-from-pcs-step-by-step-removal-guides/

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS