Mythic Helping With SW: The Old Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Noooo!

Mythic has many nice ideas and decent artists, unfortunately the software engineers sucks ass. I'd be extremely unhappy if any of the performance and stability issues of WAR made it into TOR.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
The more developers you have the less effecient your product becomes and the quality drops. In many cases an mmo development house with 500 people works about as fast as a development house with 50 people.

G

This does not bode well for SWG if Mythic is doing anything more than offering slight assistance. God help SWG if Mythic is involved with server architecture or client code. Mythic completely crapped the bed with WAR.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I thought WAR was pretty polished at launch for an MMO, but maybe it just felt that way because I was coming from AOC. I just can't really put my finger on what made WAR uninteresting for me, just too WOW-like I guess.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
War isn't WOW like.. Hell it's just the opposite in every freaking way. Which is why it sucks.. Because of people like you they tried to hard not to be like WOW. Their balance absolutly sucks, their pve is blan at best. The engine was piss poor, and they tried to much for graphics instead of gameplay. WOW maybe cartoony, but anybody with a computer could run it. Their rvr is great or would be if they would actually have some players on the servers.

I really wish they wouldn't take advice from mythic, because the only thing I got out of them is they were to lazy to fix a game that could've been the "next best thing".

You want the next big thing.. Take the good from WOW: pve, more worried about gameplay then graphics, and take the good from War the orvr objectives, and the sc maps were cooler. Ignore them both on balance because their both jacked to hell when it comes to that except wow actually trys and simply have fotm classes were mythic has foty classes.

G

Without question the best PVP in any MMO ever made was RVR in DAOC. You're damn right TOR will benefit from the help of Mythic.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]andboomer[/nom]This does not bode well for SWG if Mythic is doing anything more than offering slight assistance. God help SWG if Mythic is involved with server architecture or client code. Mythic completely crapped the bed with WAR.[/citation]

Uh..... SWG has nothing to do with Bioware.

boogien8

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
I have to agree with Deuce271. Mythic Kicked a lot of butt with RVR in DAOC. Although they royally crapped the game with class balancing. I quit after playing consistently for 2 years because they nerfed the Berserker class cause of whiners and this is after they said they wouldn't make any changes to classes this far into the game pfft! They just cant get class balancing right and they rule with an iron fist when it comes to suggesting anything to the devs. Been there done that BS

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I hope they don't do anything more than listen to Mythic suggestions and nod their heads to make them feel good. Bioware is quite capable on their own.

the ONLY thing I wouldn't mind is a tool or module or whatever you call it the equivalent of the tome of knowledge.

as far as someone saying they tried for graphics - uh what?

Status
Not open for further replies.