Nanny cam and app recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmic0

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Closest I could come to the right category. I need to find a nanny cam and an app. Requirements are that the app has to have documentation written by a tech writer fluent in English. I don't mind if it's a decent Chinese product. I just don't speak Chinese English, although the way things are going I may be forced to learn it. I need a call out for the app and camera both. I hope it's under a hundred bucks US. TIA

No recommendations per se but will suggest that you go online and look at any candidate products.

But go beyond reviews, specifications, price-comparisons, etc.. Go to the manufacturer's websites and see if the User Guide/Manual is posted.

That will give you a chance to read the documentation in advance and determine how well written (or not) it may be. Check the product FAQs and Forums as well. [Edit for typo.]

And visit some stores if at all possible. Being able to phyiscally see and touch a product can tell you quite a bit about its quality.

You better put down list of requirements for your camera:
- Do you need bi-directional audio (that is, would you like to be able to talk thru the camera' speaker)?
- Do you need pan-tilt-zoom options?
- Do you need infra-red lighting?
- Do you need to be able to record locally / on LAN / on the cloud?
- Do you need access over the web? From a smartphone (iOS / Android / Windows)?

cosmic0

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

Good questions. Don't need audio. Don't need panning/tilting if the viewing angle is around 125 or so. Do need night vision. Do need to record locally (SD card OK). Do need access via android phone and windows. Also meed motion detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.