Nano Mill Powers Motor With Beams of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]gaevs[/nom]Ok, sorry for this, but who else thinls that this is a nazi engine??[/citation]
yea....not exactly the most pleasant shape for an engine...

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
is anybody else slightly disturbed by the prospect of literally toying with the instructions for life? I don't mean on the ethical side (it doesn't appear to violate anything to me). It's just so, so strange. Like just sit at your desk and think for a minute, we're physically manipulating the instructions for a living organism. We are playing with micro biology that nobody thought could have been remotely possible. We're altering the very makeup of life... it's just so hard to comprehend honestly.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
This is cool stuff. By itself, it probably can't do squat, but as a building block, it may be a vital piece of the "next big thing." I see all kinds of possibilities, like waste management / digestion, metabolic assistance, molecule (e.g. petroleum) cracking, medical treatment, etc; lots of different things. Nice.

G

Of all the designs one could choose, it just had to be a swastica. It would be pretty funny if this was old Nazi tech that was going to nuke the U.S. or something.

Asinger93

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]gaevs[/nom]Microscopic nazis!!, we need a microscopic Allies!![/citation]

quick! call really, really tiny MacArthur and Eisenhower! We must storm the beaches of micro-normandy!

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]What's with the Swastikas? Remove please and provide an external link with a NSFW warning.[/citation]

Maybe this design is the most efficient... but no it must be the nazis :p

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Come on people, as a symbol the swastika long predates the Nazis (Hindu, I believe). Very possibly it is a requirement of the design; a stylized "pinwheel" that catches light rather than air in order to spin. The scale/resolution probably makes an actual swirl pattern impossible.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Before i read the link, i wanna say its needs an angle to it to truly be one, but being techincal here on it seems straight but still right to be considered one. Even though they still shouldnt have one. And one end they cant complain much either cause its about as hard to say a flag from another country on anything, but language adjustments mainly, with the etc of course. And with the refresh on the page, i was correct. For once, again, but still not going to get used to it. maybe.
But in terms of design, being effective yes in some basic shape designs. Line, Curved, and the equals. More basic line designs before shapes, rather a cross is a shape sometimes, idk kinda rambling off but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.