NASA Releases Amazing 64-MP 8000x8000 Photo of Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The beauty of the image must be why no one seems to have noticed the glaring typo at the top.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
But it has to be fake, you cannot see the stars! (well at least that is what the fake moon landing people say....)

acrufox

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Remember this was taken in January 4th which is during the wintertime so I wouldn't expect much green at this time of year. lol

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I'd prefer if they had taken a picture of Africa North America looks so boring and dry[/citation]

Got to agree on that one. World's biggest continent has way way more features of interest, although, the great lakes are pretty nice in the North America.

The US looks like 1 giant plain from space.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Now I want to see a gigapixel resolution image of this.. :D
There's a whole website dedicated to gigapixel photo's and it would be awesome to see one of the Earth.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Specter0420[/nom]Can we get some 16x9 and 16x10 sizes? I can do it just not at work. It looks oval on my screen.[/citation]

Select Picture position: Fit, when setting it as desktop background(in control panel)

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Even from space, you can't see any thing that we have built...
We are so arrogant to think that we are the rulers of this world...

"The planet is fine, the people are fu*ked"

George Carlin.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I thought China was on the other side of the Pacific?[/citation]

If the whole world was as heavy on resources as US we would need 5 Earths to survive. Fact. Not sure about China, since they don't even publish proper data.

G

So this is what we get for our hundreds of millions in taxes? I think it could have been better spent.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
[citation][nom]edvinasm[/nom]If the whole world was as heavy on resources as US we would need 5 Earths to survive. Fact. Not sure about China, since they don't even publish proper data.[/citation]

China consumes resources like it's going out of style, plus they have much more lenient environmental laws, so they pollute way worse than the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.