NASA Shows You How to Play Angry Birds in Space on the ISS

Status
Not open for further replies.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
This ongoing collaboration with Rovio and Angry Birds is an exciting way to get people engaged with NASA's missions of exploration and discovery, and get students energized about future careers in science and technology."
Hmmmm, getting students energized about future careers in science and teck and playing Angry Birds doesn't sound like they go hand in hand, but who am I to judge.

Parent - "Do you like Angry Birds"

Kids - "Yeah mommy, I want to be an astronaut when I grow up"

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Hmmmm, getting students energized about future careers in science and teck and playing Angry Birds doesn't sound like they go hand in hand, but who am I to judge.Parent - "Do you like Angry Birds"Kids - "Yeah mommy, I want to be an astronaut when I grow up"[/citation]

they try to get kids wanting to be an astronaut, but the problem is, they have nothing of interest anymore.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]they try to get kids wanting to be an astronaut, but the problem is, they have nothing of interest anymore.[/citation]

And besides, there is a very little demand for astronauts due to massive budget slashes. Take a look at NASA's rocket-management or space control staff, its essentially a skeleton crew.

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Perhaps, they should just give those astronauts some handheld consoles for them on spare time.

Games are meant for fun, I find Angry Birds at some points actually gets me angrier...so simple,yet so difficult, yet again...so addicting..

One does not simply quit playing Angry Birds, they say :-/

wayneepalmer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Now now .... our education system is preparing our young people for the career path our country truly needs them to follow ... occupying Wall Street.

mhokett

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I must be showing my age. I read "Pigs in Angry bird Space" as "Pigs in Space" and imediatly thought of the Muppet Show. Angry Birds vs. "Pigs in Space" hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.