NASA to Reveal 'Astrobiology Discovery' Thursday

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Hupiscratch[/nom]They better found some aliens with death crusaders or something like that. If they found some fossilized bacteria, I´ll be pissed if watching this video.[/citation]
Well get ready to be pissed. :D

G

It's going to be about life arising more than once on Earth. Kind of alien, kind of not.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
My guess is it has something to do with the recent Cassini probe's discovery of oxygen atmosphere on Rhea, a moon of Saturn. From the article I read a few days ago, its not that oxygen was found there, but carbon dioxide as well. It was guessed that the cause of both has to do with charged particles coming from Saturn breaking apart things on the surface of Rhea, but perhaps they have found something else now.

[citation][nom]viometrix[/nom]hopefully we have discovered other life in our universe, then we can stop fighting here[/citation]

I doubt it would make much of a difference to most peoples lives nor cause a sudden change in international relations if even much of a change in budgets for the space program. Short of aliens coming down and threatening eradication or attempting to do so. Aliens coming in peace would probably increase conflicts with unstable nations and terrorists. I guess I'm a cynic or a realist (who knows).

G

this is to silence those Creationist who thinks of a Divine Being who created life on earth. if this press con will present a solid proof of extraterrestrial life, then darwin is probably right.

G

Maybe they just found a planet that is suitable for life as we know it.

G

This is nothing more than anyone else has posted, a guess. My guess though is, that using spectroscopy on some new exoplanet, the scientist have found carbon dioxide on a new world.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
its regarding one of saturns moons : TITAN .... which recently has been under observation due to possibly lifeforms consuming hydrogen within the atmosphere.

G

They figured out that it was aliens who were hogging all the AT&T bandwidth with their new communication devices. The IPod People have invaded!!!

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
[citation][nom]cpatel1987[/nom]'impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life'. First guess that comes to mind, they found extraterrestrial life that isn't water based.[/citation]

you nailed it ... the moon TITAN does not contain any form of water which was discussed that any life on that planet would be non water based and therefore a completely new form of life.

G

"The hypothesis that the ancient people of Mali, west Africa, preserve a tradition of contact with intelligent extraterrestrial beings from the Sirius star-system. These beings, who are hypothesized to have taught the arts of civilization to humans, are claimed to have originated the systems of the Pharaohs of Egypt, the mythology of Greek civilization, the Epic of Gilgamesh, and so on"

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread61868/pg1

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I hope it's about Titan. If its just a press release about how NASA found a "Space Marine" game that was totally original... I'd have a hard time believing that one.

pandemonium_ctp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Cool. I speculate if you get excited about this you will be disappointed. If you didn't get excited you were already abducted years ago by Scientology. :p

G

[citation][nom]viometrix[/nom]hopefully we have discovered other life in our universe, then we can stop fighting here[/citation]

being us we would probably just start fighting there instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS