Nation's First Copyright Center Opening Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayracer7474

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
this will backfire on them, it's already lit a fire under my a$$ to educate as many people as possible on how to download content. This kinda attitude won't work, for one, they are not smarter then us, they may convince the average or light user to stop, but they won't be able to control this, so they might as well chill out. The music industry has adapted accordingly and so will everyone else. All downloads do is keep the market where it should have been to begin with.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
MAFIAA will be Censored from my Wallet for the rest of my Life.I will buy and support Local Artists and Other Artists who do not Sign with MAFIAA.
Otherwise I do not care.None of my cash ever.
Take your Copyright Center and shove it where the sun won't shine.This will not work and is an example of Wasting good money and created more people who will hate your Greedy Industry and they will see it for what it is.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
wow, cant really believe they are going to be monitoring everything we do soon... so... who do we sue? we cant bring them up on wire tapping laws or other such things and get criminal charges... so... what would the best recourse be?

personally, i hope for a massive boycot, but that will never happen.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
And yet more money wasted on this wild goose chase, looking for their lost profits. If they'd invested one percent of what they spend fighting piracy to, I don't know, improve their content or find out why people aren't buying their products as much, they'd be much better off.

I guess everybody loves a good witch hunt, though. Especially the investors. Makes it real easy for you to point and say "Look what we're doing to protect our investments!" even though you may as well just be burning the money instead.

Piracy isn't the cause of your lost sales, it's your awful content and staunch refusal to embrace new business models more favorable to the consumer until it's too late. I get it, the old business model made you all obscenely rich and you like that, but people weren't going to go on buying your CDs at 10,000% markup forever.

jayracer7474

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
my mind goes to interscope and Jimmy Iovine, getting involved in American Idol and Beats....at least they figured out other ways of making money. Hardware for one is hard to download.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I'm happy i haven't sponsored much in the past 5 years to the mafiaa, seeing that the money goes to this kind of invasive shit rather than the artists who actually made the product they sell i'm happy with the decision!

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
"we can protect copyright and empower consumers at the same time."

Seems the word assraped got changed to empower by the PR manager before that gor published!

Mathos

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
I wonder if they realize that likely half the "Piracy" results from people who bought the product, and then use a crack on a game, or copied a movie, or downloaded it so they could utilize their purchase without putting wear on the physical media, as well as crapware invasive DRM, or without the dozens of advertisements they pack onto any DVD you buy.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I wonder if they realize that making a customer hate your fucking guts, makes that customer less likely to buy stuff from you.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
To everyone involved in this latest abomination, go fuck yourselves. Maybe people wouldnt pirate your stuff as much if you actually put out a decent product and didn't bend the consumers over every which to extract more and more money. You created your own problem with your own arrogance and greed. Kindly go die in a fire!

/lack of sympathy

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Bomb that shit off. While we're at it, bomb the White House, Wall Street, the Trilateral Commission, the CIA, the FBI, the UN, and I'm sure I'm missing some. Oh look, now I'm labeled as a terrorist and I'm being watched by the CIA. Good thing I don't live in the USA, I'd be dead by now. Oh wait, I live in Canada, not much better.....

G

I've tried explaining to people the usually downloading music and movies for free is illegal and then I mention a reasonable alternative. They always respond with " why would I pay for it if I can get it for free?". I think this pisses most of you off because you hate the idea of paying for media that you have been getting for free for a number of years. Piracy doesn't help any one but the consumer steal content they don't want to pay for. If the industry didn't make good content then no one would buy it or download it . So that argument is null and void. If it takes you stealing a game to try it out just to buy a sequel, then you are still ripping off a game developer. That's why a lot of games put out demos for you too play. So you can try the game before you buy it. To me this sounds a lot better then a sopa trying to pass through congress or the senate

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
http://www.netcaucus.org/events/1998/privacy/jilllesser.shtml
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA ahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
Jill Lesser is Deputy Director, Law and Public Policy at America Online, Inc.
that just about brought tears to my eyes i laughed so hard reading that.
AOL flopped hard, just another lawyer trying to force the need to pay another lawyer and this is the job she secured for herself as her cash cow.
can't wait to see it run into the ground just like AOL.
i'm going to laugh when a new protocol or telecommunication method is standardized, like say direct satellite link where users no longer need an ISP switchboard. just call it the magic jack for computers or possibly a new code written for fibernet.

Murissokah

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2007
I am trying to remember a single example where forcing consumers to do something actually worked. Is it that hard to understand that the market decides how much to pay for what you produce, and not the other way around?

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Yep...more fighting the symptoms rather than curing the infection. As others said, the RIAA got that point eventually and now we've all reached a fairly happy medium. Music is available digitally at a reasonable price with no DRM. Sure, people still pirate, but there hasn't been a single medium of selling music in history that people haven't. Fact of life. The type that pirated were probably never going to buy anyway...but now they're not running off the legal, paying customers by hassling them and punishing them for being legal.

The sooner movie and video game companies get the hint the better. Let us buy our movies at a reasonable price and be able to watch them on any device that can handle .avi/mp4/etc files. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.