NCsoft Says Guild Wars 2 Fastest Selling MMORPG Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorBurn

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Its pay it once and play forever.. This is the best feature of Guild Wars 2.. unlike other MMO's where u will pay monthly subs..

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I must say ever since I heard they were making GW2 I have been a bit excited to get in there...

problem is all these great games are dangerous to Time.

I finally extricated myself from my last MMORPG... now catching up on a Big backlog of bought - yet unplayed singleplayer games - Feels Good....

Probably will check out the Free Trial though.

Personally I have already earmarked my future Free Time for Chris Roberts' Star Citizen persistent open world Space Combat Sim thing :)

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
There are actually a lot of good features about it, it's a well crafted game from devs who care about product quality, whereas most MMORPGs are just quickly hashed out moneygrabs. I have doubts they'll do as well in Asia though, they prefer games with heavy grinding and GW2 just isn't that heavy on grinding.

almostdecent

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2005
It is a great game, no question. I bought it around Christmas for $30 during a sale. Unfortunately it is very time-consuming so I ended up deleting it less than a week later.

jesh4622

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I wish I would have gotten a refund. I waited for this game since it was first announced that there would be a sequel to the original game, and what I got was.... this.
I didn't even play it two months. GW2 is nothing compared to the original, but hey at least it sold well. That's what it was designed for. Since there is no sub fees, all they care about is your original purchase.

coupe

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Are there people who surf the internet to find posts about MMOs they don't like just so they can post negative and unhelpful comments?

RickTacular

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
coupe asked: "Are there people who surf the internet to find posts about MMOs they don't like just so they can post negative and unhelpful comments?"

No, no, it's not that. I, and plenty of other's, are still rather bitter at NC Soft for their action taken against City of Heroes. Was my post a bit off topic? Sure, I'll admit to that. But there's still a fair amount of anger towards the parent company who shut down a popular MMO for a still unexplained reason.

Now, if others enjoy NC Soft games, more power to you. I was merely voicing my discontent. I wonder, though, how much more successful GW2 would have been if not for people like me who hold grudges. Ah, well.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Most of these people are right , The game did some dumb moves when it game to gearing, After Clearing ICC in WoW I went over to RIFT not expecting much , Now that is fully unlocked and Free to Play its the best MMO you can play until Titan rolls out.

Status
Not open for further replies.