Necomimi Shows Off Mind-controlled Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Strange. I'm curious as for the headset's sound quality, but I guess you don't buy these for that purpose... well, purrpose

mikenygmail

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
"According to Engadget, the Mico will then select a song from the company's app based on the kind of mood your in."

Based on "the kind of mood your in," eh? The author has no business writing any articles at all.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]SmileyTPB1[/nom]Mind controlling headphones have already been invented, It's called listening to Gangnam Style.[/citation]

Oh, that sucks egg song? Yeah, right.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Instead of "detecting your mood" and selecting the song based on it, why not develop a system for something much more practical: detecting if you want to stop, play, skip forwards or backwards...

It might be far harder, but if something like that appeared, i would buy it. As it stands, those headsets are nearly worthless.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]mikenygmail[/nom]"According to Engadget, the Mico will then select a song from the company's app based on the kind of mood your in."Based on "the kind of mood your in," eh? The author has no business writing any articles at all.[/citation]
Now now, it's quite often the mood mine in is just right for this kind of an article.

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Am I the only one that wants those cat ears more than the headset? I have headsets and I can easily hit play/stop/etc, what I DON'T HAVE IS AMAZING FRIGGIN CAT EARS THAT WIGGLE ON THERE OWN.

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
^ah just realized they were selling this product alongside the ears, which is at a reasonable price... only 70 bucks.. I say reasonable in the sense that I spent more than that on peripherals.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Vorador2[/nom]Instead of "detecting your mood" and selecting the song based on it, why not develop a system for something much more practical: detecting if you want to stop, play, skip forwards or backwards...[/citation]I can't wait for the tech support calls to roll in. "Every time I have to fart, my phone skips to the next track!"

starfox5194

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
They need to make headphones that can set the EQ by reading your mind. I would read what signals you perceived as harsh and lower them. Now that would be practical!

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]How long until a hacker finds out how to control YOUR cell phone with his headphone ? :)[/citation]
hahahaha No.

All this headset does is measure Alpha brain waves (and i think theta and Beta too, can't remember). Alpha is associated with relaxation, so the more relaxed you are, the higher alpha activity will be. All EEG based applications measure this and react to a certain threshold level of wave activity.

I promise you, software isn't advanced enough to decode individual thoughts from the brain.

Having said that, i truly believe THIS is the future of computing, not touch/voice/gesture. BCIs and bio-metrics.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]Am I the only one that wants those cat ears more than the headset? I have headsets and I can easily hit play/stop/etc, what I DON'T HAVE IS AMAZING FRIGGIN CAT EARS THAT WIGGLE ON THERE OWN.[/citation]
But don't you want mouse headsets? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS