Hello, this is my 1st post. I have a Sony DCR SR68 camcorder, that I have been happy with for years-BUT, it's the only 1 I have ever used, so, I have nothing to compare it with. I have never left auto mode and never plan to. The question is, filming work progression on roofs [ 90% dead still from a tripod, often mounted up on a trailer roof = 7' up + 4' for the tripod. This is my job, in my business and after all these years with my Sony, I never gave a thought to "Maybe it's not nearly as good as another camcorder?" So, what should I look at to buy, to make videos in the auto setting. Price range-prefer to buy used for under $300.
2nd question. Do all auto modes on camcorders control the same settings? I know mine controls focus, but I don't know what else or what some cameras "Auto" may encompass.
All my videos go on Youtube-attached are 2 examples of what most videos will be like. One from up on the roof and cam in hand, the other, from a tripod.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Q5cOTrfGzvU
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=AVakZwBLwUc

Solution
Your video links do not work, you linked to the wrong place, looks like something you did not publish publicly.

Yes there are better camcorders, are there better ones that are worth buying, depends on your needs specifically. Do you want more resolution? Better night recording? Just because something is newer or better does not mean it will be worth changing. Seems you have not had any quality issues or complaints about the camera, if you don't know exactly why you want to change/upgrade, you may not really need to. Another thing you may want to think about is using a drone for some filming to zoom around areas. It will add a nice mix to a static shot, like using a helicopter to record.
Your video links do not work, you linked to the wrong place, looks like something you did not publish publicly.

Yes there are better camcorders, are there better ones that are worth buying, depends on your needs specifically. Do you want more resolution? Better night recording? Just because something is newer or better does not mean it will be worth changing. Seems you have not had any quality issues or complaints about the camera, if you don't know exactly why you want to change/upgrade, you may not really need to. Another thing you may want to think about is using a drone for some filming to zoom around areas. It will add a nice mix to a static shot, like using a helicopter to record.

Solution