Need a good Mechanical keyboard under £70 and some good Headphones again under £70 (for gaming)

Eddie_Bumle

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
Hi! At the moment I'm using a terrible £18 keyboard and some headphones which are staying together with duct tape. I would like a mechanical keyboard and some decent headphones. I was thinking the Razer Blackwidow and Razer Kraken but I've heard some bad things about Razer like they're overpriced. I've got a £130 budget.

Solution
I've typed on both a mechanical Corsair and Coolermaster and don't know why vice finds coolermaster to skimp on quality? If anything I prefer my coolermaster quickfire to my old k70. I recommend getting the quickfire Coolermaster keyboard, got mine for 70 bucks off amazon few months ago and works like a champ and had to of already type over 100,000 words on it by now and it is so comfortable.

As for headsets, I recommend getting something from logitech like the Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset. It is one of the most popular gaming headsets and is priced modestly compared to other over ear design headsets providing you with quality comfort and construction. Hope this helps :)

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
Don't buy Coolermaster is my only advice. They're cheap and they're made cheap.

Razer isn't "overpriced". They offer options in the same margin as many other manufacturers. I would suggest them, Corsair, or SteelSeries.

As for headphones (headset?) I'm an absolute fan of the Siberia V2. The price might not be right though.

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I've typed on both a mechanical Corsair and Coolermaster and don't know why vice finds coolermaster to skimp on quality? If anything I prefer my coolermaster quickfire to my old k70. I recommend getting the quickfire Coolermaster keyboard, got mine for 70 bucks off amazon few months ago and works like a champ and had to of already type over 100,000 words on it by now and it is so comfortable.

As for headsets, I recommend getting something from logitech like the Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset. It is one of the most popular gaming headsets and is priced modestly compared to other over ear design headsets providing you with quality comfort and construction. Hope this helps :)

Solution