Need a Laptop. Recommend please

Revellion

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
OK, here are my requirements:

AMD processor

User replaceable battery (I do not want an embedded battery. I want one that snaps from the outside in that I can replace)

Under $500. I don't need a lot of processing power.

That's it, guys. Intel kind of has a monopoly, that's why I want AMD...and I want the ability to buy a spare battery to change out when I'm away from a power outlet...like camping at a campsite with Wi-fi, but with no electric ( I do this often).

Does such an animal exist anymore? Everything inexpensive seems to have an embedded battery these days...

most of the newer models does not come with removable battery anymore as most of the newer models needs the battery+charger combination in order to perform optimally.also i have use multiple laptops with amd processors,even the high end amd mobile cpu which i use to have on my MSI gaming laptop(its about $200-300 cheaper than the intel variant at that time) performs horribly.not to mention the heat.no hate on amd but if its a laptop i would go for intel.a desktop AMD is the best in terms of price to performance ratio.so to answer your question on removable battery i dont think they exist anymore.unless u are looking at older models.

Revellion

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I did find a Laptop with a replaceable battery and a 17.3" 1600x900 display that has an AMD A10-8700P APU. It's an HP and Walmart is selling them @ 50.00 below their own cost. They want $399 for them.

That said, I've always used Intel (Pentium B980 and B970 mostly), and the processors have great single thread performance...which is all I need really. Maybe I'll take your advice and stick with Intel....like a simple I3 should do it for me.

In all honesty, the most important thing for me to do is probably get a Laptop with a superior build quality. I don't need a great CPU or a big screen...but I do need better than average build quality...as I beat the crap out of my laptops. I've had two fall apart on me due to rough handling.

So, with that said, I'm now thinking about doing something weird and spending $569 on a Toshiba Tecra C40-C1401. I hear they are built like tanks. I like the 14" screen size. It comes with a i3-6006U Processor, which is fine. It also comes with downgrade rights to Windows 7 Professional. And of course, the battery pack is user replaceable....so I can buy a 2nd battery for those times when I am away from an outlet.

The only thing I'm worried about with this computer is the display. I've heard it may be dull and may not display colors the best.