need a new camera on a budget

Nhb1958

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
I have/had the CANON EOS 70D CAMERA CANON EF 70-300MM F/4-5.6 IS USM TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS shooting birds, gators, dogs, dolphins, etc., and some landscapes. I decided one day to miss the concrete steps and the destroyed my camera. Knowing the price of the above and what I enjoy shooting is there another outfit and or lens that would be better? I enjoy being able to stop a bird or a dophin as it was frozen when I snap the pic.

Solution
I have never used that lens but the Nikon photographer assured me it would meet your needs. I had mentioned the Canon lens you had and what you wanted to shoot. He said he did some of the same type of photography and he used that lens.
I chatted with someone from Nikon and the lens the Nikon photographer suggested is the Nikon AF-SVR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED Lens and I quote "The FX lens on a DX camera is going to be like a 105-450mm lens on a D5300".

AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED Telephoto Zoom Lens - used for $364.95

Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG OS Telephoto Zoom - used for $199.00

Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD Lens - used for $349.95

Nikon is known for quality lenses. I have a Tamron lens for a Pentax SLR that worked well for me. I can't comment on Sigma lenses as I have never used one.

Nhb1958

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
Let me make sure I understand the Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f4.5-5.6G IF-ED Zoom Lens would work as well as the Cannon EF 70-300MM F/4-5.6 IS USM telephoto zoom lens,? I had a Nikon years ago and really enjoyed it and would like to get the same results as I did with the Cannon.

I have never used that lens but the Nikon photographer assured me it would meet your needs. I had mentioned the Canon lens you had and what you wanted to shoot. He said he did some of the same type of photography and he used that lens.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS