Need a new laptop for school - 500-800CAD price range

cc130doc

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
I'm starting school next week and I need to get a new laptop. Canada Computers has a ASUS Notebook F556UA-EB71 on sale for $800. It's a bit expensive but I think the upgrade over 5-600CAD ones is worth it. I'd love some more experianced opinions though.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_369&item_id=097550

My other choice right now is a used one from Kijiji

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/london/hp-envy-dv6-i7-1tb-6gb-ram-beats-audio-fingerprint/1195783009?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Opinions?

Solution
cc130doc,

Stay within your budget!

Me, I like going the refurbish route:
- Price, I stay within my budget
- Processor, I usually try to score a Intel i7 (latest gen)
- Graphic, I look into the reviews online and see what everyone is saying

brand, style and looks.. I don't let the fancy looks throw me off, as long as the laptop has the price, processor, & graphic.. i'm happy

I always rebuild the OS, max the memory and upgrade to a SSD, right away, that just me.

Your 1st choice has a great processor and new-ish Intel HD Graphics, price is $$$
Your 2nd choice, I wouldn't offer 500 CAD for it, shoot an offer and see if the seller bites

NextGear

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
cc130doc,

Stay within your budget!

Me, I like going the refurbish route:
- Price, I stay within my budget
- Processor, I usually try to score a Intel i7 (latest gen)
- Graphic, I look into the reviews online and see what everyone is saying

brand, style and looks.. I don't let the fancy looks throw me off, as long as the laptop has the price, processor, & graphic.. i'm happy

I always rebuild the OS, max the memory and upgrade to a SSD, right away, that just me.

Your 1st choice has a great processor and new-ish Intel HD Graphics, price is $$$
Your 2nd choice, I wouldn't offer 500 CAD for it, shoot an offer and see if the seller bites

Solution

cc130doc

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010

Thanks,

Any idea what the used one is worth? Looks like it's a 2012 or 0213 model envy dv6 7200ea, 350?

Charles