need a suggestion for a workstation laptop

edbergr

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
hello ill like some help im searching for a laptop for my family its mostly for video striming and web browsing and word.
if its posible for it to be not more then 1k dollers and is an ssd?
i dont know if im askking in the right place but its for a birthday that comes realy soon.

jaguarskx

Champion
Lenovo Yogas are pretty popular and you can buy a 13.3" version with a 1080p screen and 128GB SSD for under $1k. It's possible to upgrade the SSD later on for something with a higher capacity. However, the RAM is not upgradeable since it is solder into the laptop.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/yoga-laptop-series/yoga-laptop-2-13/

edbergr

Estimable
Nov 10, 2014
thanks and what i meant is a laptop for internet use only and such and its more of striming on a tv and battery thats my main and i dont rely need 1080 but that will be cool i it can be

thanks for the help do you have more suggestions for me?

jaguarskx

Champion
Lenovo Yogas are pretty popular and you can buy a 13.3" version with a 1080p screen and 128GB SSD for under $1k. It's possible to upgrade the SSD later on for something with a higher capacity. However, the RAM is not upgradeable since it is solder into the laptop.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/yoga-laptop-series/yoga-laptop-2-13/

jaguarskx

Champion
If a 1920x1080 resolution screen is not necessary, then I recommend you simply buy a laptop with a 1366x768 resolution screen and also a SSD that you install yourself and clone the hard drive.

SSDs are generally only offered on more expensive laptops and those laptops generally have 1920x1080 resolution screens.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 0
Cheires Laptop General Discussion 1
G Laptop General Discussion 8
L Laptop General Discussion 0
alphacoyle Laptop General Discussion 1
O Laptop General Discussion 1
mark.j.ruggiero Laptop General Discussion 3
ccccccccc Laptop General Discussion 1
1 Laptop General Discussion 1
CaitlinJonne Laptop General Discussion 1