Need advice for a new Laptop, and is Pascal worth the wait?

alfa888

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
So, I have a desktop pc ( Asus, i7 2400, gtx 560 8gb ram 6 years old). I use it for almost everything (from editing videos and music making to math and finance softwares) but yeah, i like to play games too, and i like them to be good.

The thing is I'm not 14 anymore and now i need something that can come with me when i'll move out of the country to study for my future master or for erasmus. Now let me be clear,i am absolutely a no-laptop person, I love desktop, I love gaming and I don't need a pc at university at all, I can use my phone for e-mail, social, and i prefer to take my notes with a pen. What I need is something I can bring in airport easily and then put on the desk of my new home plus moving it twice a month back to my parents home and/or my girlfriend home.

All this to make you understand that I don't need something light and incredibly portable but something good, fast and that permits me to do everything i am used to (yes that includes gaming).

The laptop I thought of was this one:

http://www.asus.com/de/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G752VT/specifications/ (1499€)

but with the new Pascal graphic technology (that beauty should come out this year and will be 9x powerful than Maxwell and incredibly smaller and lighter, so it's worth the wait, especially for laptops)

Do you think is a good one?

My budget is maximum 1800, but i hope in 1000-1500 range.

ak47jar3d

Estimable
ROG G752VT is an excellent laptop and I highly recommend it. You can squeeze a gtx 980m under 1800. I don't know much about pascal or when it will be released. I have never been good at waiting and I would recommend getting the best you can right since the next gpu is always going to be around the corner.

alfa888

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

Yeah I know they even grant that in 2018 there will be the Volta tec to succeed Pascal... However the improvements in terms of GPU are really tempting and make me think if buying the really good right now or the really great waiting a little bit:

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/NVIDIA-Pascal-GPU_Roadmap.jpg

And they are going to make it way smaller so the new laptops will be for sure touched by this revolution.

On the other hand that kind of laptop has all I want, even the skylake proc. and the cooling system.