Solved! Need Advice: Good LCD TV for Digital Cable and PC

niebling

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
I have a PhD, but all this stuff stumps me.

Simple Question: I have a PC with S-video and VGA output, and I plan to build PC's with HDMI output in the future...

I want to purchase a Flat Panel LCD TV tuner/monitor that can display my computer movie files via S-vid or VGA. Not really picky since my current TV is Crapola...

I have Digital Cable and do not need HDTV television, but could conceivably need it in the future. I want to shop at NewEgg if possible and can afford about 225 max.

Do I need an HDTV "Capable", "Ready" or just a Digital Analog LCD TV. I am looking for 22 inches or above.

Thanks in advance.

Ken Niebling PLEASE REPLY!!! Thanks... :wahoo:

Solution
"I want to purchase a Flat Panel LCD
TV tuner/monitor that can display my computer movie files via S-vid or VGA. Not really picky since my current TV is Crapola... "
NO, if your computer has HDMI output c onnect to the computer with the expensive hdmi to dvi cable(digital)

"I have Digital Cable and do not need HDTV television, but could conceivably need it in the future. I want to shop at NewEgg if possible and can afford about 225 max."
Get the biggest screen you gan afford.

"Do I need an HDTV "Capable", "Ready" or just a Digital Analog LCD TV. I am looking for 22 inches or above"
HD refers to the 1080p or 1920x1080 resolution and will have analog inputs for the older vcr and laser disk players.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
"I want to purchase a Flat Panel LCD
TV tuner/monitor that can display my computer movie files via S-vid or VGA. Not really picky since my current TV is Crapola... "
NO, if your computer has HDMI output c onnect to the computer with the expensive hdmi to dvi cable(digital)

"I have Digital Cable and do not need HDTV television, but could conceivably need it in the future. I want to shop at NewEgg if possible and can afford about 225 max."
Get the biggest screen you gan afford.

"Do I need an HDTV "Capable", "Ready" or just a Digital Analog LCD TV. I am looking for 22 inches or above"
HD refers to the 1080p or 1920x1080 resolution and will have analog inputs for the older vcr and laser disk players.

Solution

niebling

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
Thanks.

I decided to get an LCD monitor with TV tuner; LG 22 inch. It has all the possible inputs.

I might still go with the RCA combo HDTV/DVD but that one does. not have as good resolution as the LCD monitor. Both will handle my computer output.

I hadn't realized that almost all devices accept RF coax digital cable input whether it is listed in the specs or not.

Ken :sol:

niebling

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
:D BTW I purchased an LG HD2262D 22 inch class with 1920x1080 resolution. I hooked it up to my laptop with extended monitor configuration and the setup is working great. The screen is bright, crisp and contrasty and the PC connectivity of this monitor is a big plus. It has 2 HDMI, 1 DVI, D-sub, component, USB service, headphone jack, spdif audio output blah blah blah...