Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, that technology is obsolete!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Retrowire

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hello all,

So my upgrade date is approaching and I'm hankering for a new phone.

I'm coming from a Motorola Droid 4. I've tried sticking with that line of phones, but apparently Motorola is ending the original Droid line and so I cannot continue with it.

I am however very fond of Motorola phones though and so I'm open to anything they have to offer but there's one small problem.

I swore to myself that I'd never get a phone that lacks a physical keyboard. There are so many benefits to having a physical keyboard that it makes my head spin. It's not just about ease of typing, it's about, no matter the extreme temperature outside, I can take a picture with my phone with the OK button. If I'm running a emulator, I can map the keys to the physical keyboard, much easier to use.

But alas, all the big phone companies are killing off physical keyboards. Why? To save money? I went to Sprint's website and searched all their smartphones with a physical keyboard. NONE of them are new. NONE of them are better than a Droid 4.

So now, I'm tied. What do I do?

Can anyone recommend a smartphone to someone that preferred physical keyboards? I know I can't have it that way anymore, so I'll just have to accept it. Any help is appreciated. And please, no phablets. (Samsung Note series is an example of that.)

Retrowire

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013

I once had a Blackberry Storm that I had a good experience with, but I must say that I'm an Android devotee these days.

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
I think that only blackberry can give you what you are searching,if you bypass the keyboard issue i would suggest nexus 5 or moto g,

adamyasaxena

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
In my view everybody should read these nice tips before buying a smartphone as these easily explained tips provide you all the necessary requirements you need to know before buying a smartphone. http://blog.d2hshop.com/what-the-trend-says-about-best-smartphones/