Solved! Need advice on which speakers to purchase

Aug 29, 2018
I have very limited knowledge of speakers, but want to buy a pair for my desk setup, purely to listen to music. I've looked at the Yamaha HS7, KRK Rokit 5/6s, Audioengine A2+/A5+, and a few Logitech products, but honestly can't make a choice. Could anyone help me out here? My budget is around £200-300.

shayevans1

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Just as @kanewolf said speakers preferences are unique to individuals. For some its all bass while others might like it toned down.
1. Whats your music genre preference
2. Do you have a preferred connection type (Bluetooth, Wireless, Wired)
3. Bass or Tweeters? Whats your pick

D

Deleted member 217926

Not sure about UK pricing but the Yamaha HS7 and KRK Rokits are both solid. Some other great options are the JBL LSR305/306 MK IIs and the PreSonus Eris E8.

If you can possibly audition them somewhere it would be best. My personal choice would be the JBLs. You'd likely want to add a sub at some point.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
I second on some brands/models mentioned already with others thrown in the mix, all within budget in the UK; reviews on all seem to be in the 4-5 star range:

- JBL LSR305/306
- Edifier R1800 BT
- M-Audio BX5/BX8 D3
- Swan M200MKIII

Aug 31, 2018
Bose has a couple of excellent pc speaker products.
top of the lone has separate sub woofer.
have loved this for 4 years now. music + movies+ games.
usb connection -done

tonybony

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

tonybony

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I had the same problem & bought many over the years. Last year i decided to just buy a second hand set of harmon cardon sounsticks 11 for £50 from ebay, probably the best pc speakers i've ever bought, amazing bass & if, like me, you're wanting good sound for playing music you can't go wrong, bassy, powerful, good range & they look cool too in my opinion, if you like 70's meets space age retro! Anyway for a quater of the price of the new one's & if second hand isn't a problem i would recomend them to anyone.

Sep 4, 2018

If you want great sound from music then go with a set of good bookshelf speakers for around $120 US and a decent stereo amplifier for around $150 US. You will get much better sound than any of the PC speakers. The speakers in the decent bookshelf speakers are designed for music and are much better at reproduction of the music. You can check out the Polk TSi 100's are around that price and are great sounding speakers. The Yamaha R-S200 is for around $130 US and is a good stereo receiver or you could get a Pyle stereo amp for less than $100 US

Aug 29, 2018
Hey guys, thank you all for your help. The speakers I get don’t have to be audiophile quality at all. I have a small room and just wanted a pair so I can kickback and listen to music. It doesn’t help that I listen to many different genres, but I mostly listen to House, Electro swing and Rap. Hope this helps narrow it down.