Question need alarm clock app

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
I need to know how to use Google Calendar to create alarms. I don't want it to send me a notification, I want it go off like an alarm clock. I tried researching this using Google, but the directions are wrong.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Android has a built in clock app which can be set for multiple parameters.

HYyLDu3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
If I use that app it will go off the next day AND in the future. I want to be able to set different alarms, using different ringtones or music, on exact dates and times. I need something other than Google Calendar. I tried using that and it just beeps. I want something that will go off like an alarm clock and keep going until i shut it off.

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
I've tried that. I want something to go off like an alarm clock. google calendar just sends a notification and a beep. I need an alarm clock. If google calendar will do this then plz advise me as to how to set it to do so.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
I want something that rings over and over and over. How do I do this and make it really loud? I need the exact steps plz.
You can download plenty of notification tones off of the internet, YouTube often has sound bites you can grab using a YouTube converter like www.ytmp3.cc. just be careful on that particular website because it does have pop-ups that will redirect you.

Once the notification sound is has been downloaded you can use any Android file manager to drop into the notifications folder on your phones internal storage or an SD card if you have one. That way the device knows it's supposed to be used for notifications and isn't just your music.

if you find something you'd like I can create a repetitive version that isn't just a one and done, I have the tools and know how.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
should it be an event, a task, or a reminder?

I don't know if you're asking me but I think all three of those can be set to repeat

you can also set it to override the phone being vibrate or silent

In my second screenshot, that is the default Android settings app page for calendar and under the Sound (app provided sound) part is where you set your custom notification sound.

GD4GDHR.png

WgMqNXi.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rockerrb3
Status
Not open for further replies.