Need an opinion, screen messed up or it's connector? MSI GE72 2QF APACHE PRO lap

Apr 16, 2018
Hi,
I have this GE72 2QF APACHE PRO laptop for about 2 years. (using it for ~1.5).
The screen had burned green pixel on it from day one :( But never mind that...

I always had it connected to a separate monitor and used that other monitor as the main display, and turning ON and OFF the laptop's when I need an extra screen, in Extend mode.
Yesterday while i was playing some YouTube videos on the laptop display and playing Hearthstone on the main display (the external one) I noticed the colors on the laptop's went pink.
A text from the YouTube video got burned on the screen (so it was visible if I put a white background there).
And turning it on and off didn't fixed it.

Opening/Closing the lid slightly (or more than that) doesn't seem to cause any effect on the colors, they are just pink when the display is ON.
I added links to 2 YouTube videos I recorded showing what I'm talking about.
Links:
Video 1 Video 2

I wonder if it's the screen's fault or it's internal connector to the laptop's motherboard/GPU (so replacing the screen won't help) ?

Hope you have some knowledge about this, Thank you.

Solution

Then it's probably your screen.
I wish I had a explanation for the pinkness.

SneakLerd

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
Greetings
This reminds me of an old CRT-screen I had.
I had the same problem like you, but only that it was the external screen going pink.
I found out it was due to an bad connector in my input/cable.
I don't know how much this helped, but you can check your wires firstly, before you draw any conclusions.

Best regards

SneakLerd

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017

Then it's probably your screen.
I wish I had a explanation for the pinkness.

Solution