Need an smartphone expert!

664TJ805

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Help fast!
I have an ALCATEL Android, personally I haven't seen this kind of smartphones in CA.. however this phone was sent to me (currently live in MEX) and randomly sh*t started happening such as data usage going over the roof, trouble on outgoing or incoming calls, hear people through the speaker besides the one I'm actually calling, and somehow people knowing what I'm saying, doing, where I'm at, where I'm going etc. etc. They basically know everything.. I want to know if my phone was cloned or tapped or somehow broadcasting everything I'm doing without my knowledge.. the worst part is that my mother is freaking out because she's recently going through the same thing.. I need a Smartphone Expert who can help me out and track down the people who are doing this.. I REALLY NEED HELP FAST!!

Solution
Smartphone expert here. Unfortunately, the solutions I am about to tell you are quite complicated, so be prepared to do some work and some research.

Alcatel which model? When did the issues start? Have you noticed anything else suspicious?

For starters, you can try doing a complete Factory reset with full data wipe and see if that helps you out, just make sure you disconnect from the internet before doing that.

If that doesn't work, your only other option is to reflash the ROM. Rom is an operating system for Android. There are many methods of doing that, and also, you can get a custom ROM that will not allow people to gain access to your phone. However, the topic is far more extensive than to just simply explain to you how it works...

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
Smartphone expert here. Unfortunately, the solutions I am about to tell you are quite complicated, so be prepared to do some work and some research.

Alcatel which model? When did the issues start? Have you noticed anything else suspicious?

For starters, you can try doing a complete Factory reset with full data wipe and see if that helps you out, just make sure you disconnect from the internet before doing that.

If that doesn't work, your only other option is to reflash the ROM. Rom is an operating system for Android. There are many methods of doing that, and also, you can get a custom ROM that will not allow people to gain access to your phone. However, the topic is far more extensive than to just simply explain to you how it works. XDA forums should help you with that one. Research and time will be required.

Your only other alternative is to get a new phone :)

Solution