Need Audio/Dolby driver for HP Pavilion G6

PearsonVES

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
Hello

Since I fresh installed my HP Pavilion G6 with Windows 10, the sound quality has been awful (low volume and screeching). I believe this is due to not having the correct audio drivers installed.

I have tried the following:
- Updating drivers via device manager, they say I have the latest version of the generic 'speakers - audio endpoint'
- Using HP support framework tool which just errors.
- Checking the HP support website for drivers for 'HP Pavilion g6-2276sa', which the only result I get is 'Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update'.
- Installed all Windows 10 updates as of 15/02/16

What I have:
- A Pavilion G6-2276sa
- Manufacturer no. D1Q70EA#ABU
- System board. 183F
- It did have Dolby Advanced Audio before I fresh installed
- There are two stickers on laptop, 'Dolby Advanced Audio' and 'Altec Lansing'
- Unfortunately I don't have any driver CDs

Would anyone be able to supply me with the audio/dolby drivers for this laptop please?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Pearson

tlhudson69

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
This is a long shot but have you tried the Win8 driver. It may not even install but IF it does it should fix your problem. (this is why I am still on Win7--LOL...Not funny really..)

PearsonVES

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014

I would try that if I could find it, I can't find any drivers for this, Windows 7, 8 or 10. :??:

PearsonVES

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah that's the page I was talking about in first post, If I click 'check now' and download the HP support framework tool, it just errors after a few minutes of 'searching'. I Can't believe they don't have the links for the drivers on the page. :??:

tlhudson69

Estimable
Aug 12, 2015
Don't click "Check now". Click above it the blue bar where it "change", select "Win8.1" then scroll below and select the "Audio driver" and the driver will be there.

PearsonVES

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014

Thank you man, that link installed the 'IDT High Definition Audio CODEC', which has improved the audio quality and volume massively. :bounce: