Need Dolby 7.1 On PS4 Slim

Jan 2, 2019
So the PS4 slim has no optical out and I need a way to get Dolby 7.1 on it. I’ve been looking for an adapter and I need anything at this point. Please help!

Solution
What mixer and headphones are they?

I need to see if its even remotely possible.

Problems being the console needs to re-encode the audio in compressed format to fit through an optical cable. Seeing this model PlayStation only has Hdmi, it doesn't compress audio so the format would be 2.1 at best the mixer will receive.

Another problem is your headphones. If it's a type of headphone that uses software for 7.1, where's the software going to be installed to?

There are hdmi to toslink converters available but concerning video side of hdmi, there may be an adapter that passes video via another hdmi cable otherwise how do you get picture? Unless you go TV optical out and set the console to 2.1 as TVs dont compress HD audio either.

I...

boju

Distinguished
What is it exactly you want? You're not being very clear. Do you want an 7.1 avr with speakers?

3670727-pioneer-aj-5237zt-71-speaker-system-with-pioneer-vsx523-free-picture-large.jpg

Jan 2, 2019

Nah I have headphones with a mixer but I need an optical port for the mixer that supports 7.1

boju

Distinguished
What mixer and headphones are they?

I need to see if its even remotely possible.

Problems being the console needs to re-encode the audio in compressed format to fit through an optical cable. Seeing this model PlayStation only has Hdmi, it doesn't compress audio so the format would be 2.1 at best the mixer will receive.

Another problem is your headphones. If it's a type of headphone that uses software for 7.1, where's the software going to be installed to?

There are hdmi to toslink converters available but concerning video side of hdmi, there may be an adapter that passes video via another hdmi cable otherwise how do you get picture? Unless you go TV optical out and set the console to 2.1 as TVs dont compress HD audio either.

I don't see how this would work.

Solution
Jan 2, 2019

Well the monitor I have doesn’t not have an optical out. The headphones are Astro a40 tr + mix amp pro. I have links if you need. Any form of adapter that works with the mixer with Dolby 7.1 is what I need