Need Experts help for the strange problem with my laptop!

Anil kumar99

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
hello please anyone help with my asus k55A laptop that is having strange issue.
I push the power on button and the laptop doesn't do nothing.
No lights, no sound, nothing.
The battery and the charger are both ok.
The only way I'm able to power on the laptop again is the next strange procedure:
- I disconnect the charger and I remove the battery.
- I push the power on button around 45-60 seconds.
- I have to wait sometimes for at least 8 hours (before it is used to be 3 hrs) hours.
And after 8 hours when I push the power on button. The laptop works again and everything is ok.
I searched the problem for a couple of days in google and some other computer forums But I don't find a good solution (waiting 8 hours to power on is not a solution)
please anyone give me solution how to resolve this issue..any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks :)

Anil kumar99

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Thank you for the reply...yes i am pretty sure that my laptop is not over heating because i am using the laptop with cooler master laptop cooler stand.And also i never faced any over heating problems.thank you for the reply... machine not even powering ON no lights no fans spins no led indicators.i even tried removing both the RAM as well as the HDD.the machine acts as if there is no power to it.but again it works after 8 hours.very strange :(

reddy2527

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

Hi , even I am facing the same problem strangely with Compaq V3611A

Hi Experts,
I am Compaq V3600AU since 2009. Past one year it is troubling in booting up. Sometimes it simply powers ON, but won't boot itselt. If I leave it as it is for sometime so that it gains enough heat, then if if I try couple of times switch ON-OFFs then it is booting fine. Some times wont even power ON, then I will remove HD,RAM, internal cables and re-fix them, then it will be ON. I visited many local service centers but no body sure about the problem. Could someone help me with the rootcasue for the problem and with a solution.

Thank you.

Regards,
YUga

Anil kumar99

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013

Hi, Reddy the problem i encountered is the Power Cable inside the motherboard.I just Replaced DC Jack Cable inside of the laptop that fixed problem. i suspect in your case it could be power button/ribbon cable...try this
1)try shorting out with the screw driver near the power ON switch connector see if it works..if it works? then the probably the problem might be the ribbon cable.
2)check for any physical damage inside the laptop motherboard look at the fuses/mosfets/caps.if they look bulged/burned then you have to replace the component on the motherboard
3)finally try resetting the CMOS battery..
Good luck.if u have any question let me know.