Need help choosing the best laptop.

Edool14

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Hey guys i have recently been considering a gaming laptop from the price range up to 2800 max. Now i know this is a why not just get a desktop topic but i need this for uni. I want it to be reliable for three years or at least two (ik that reliability can change at the drop off a hat with hardware)

I have been currently looking at a Metabox Prime P650HS-G

Specs:
15.6" FHD 120Hz G-Sync Matte LED 1080p

NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 G-Sync

Intel Quad Core i7-7700HQ

16GB DDR4 2400MHZ (1 x 16GB)

Plextor 512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD

1TB 5400RPM HDD Slim

Killer 1535 AC

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

1 Year Platinum + 1 Year Premium

All = $2800 AUD

Now my real question is... is there anything that is better than this as a laptop at this price point because i am considering it.

Notes:

Now you may be thinking "hhhh why not just buy a desktop and get a crappy laptop for uni"

Well just so happens i have a great desktop one with a Ryzen 1700 and a gtx 1060 3gb, the only thing is that its not portable and im going to have to move for uni and its a hassle to bulk my desktop to a new place.

"But it still would be better off using a crappy laptop"

Well...no. my uni course is in basic terms games design and im going to need all the power to be portable so im not in a hassle.

*Please do all pricing in AUD as im from Australia unless you convert it of course*

*Also i would realy like to game on it hense why i chose the 120hz display as ive never had anything over 60hz and im really keen on trying it out."

Thanks for all the help guys i appreciate it.

Solution

Well than the Metabox Prime is the sweet spot in your region after all.

Edool14

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Iv had a look at this laptop however its like 3400 AUD in my country (yes thats how much tax we pay....) so sadly i guess not. My Highest in USD im going to go with is $2250 ($2800 AUD). The screens on the ASUS ROG seem to only be 75hz? Weird for such a great lappy.

zoltan.boese

Notable
Jan 30, 2018

Well than the Metabox Prime is the sweet spot in your region after all.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS