Need help connection Panasonice DVD/CD to New Samsung SUHD Curved TV

Teazviolets

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hi, I just bought a new Samsung UN55JS9000 - Curved 55-Inch 2160p 3D Smart 4K SUHD LED TV and have an old Panasonice DVD/CD, hardly used at all. When I moved, I thought I had all the items packed together. NOT, now I am wondering if this player will connect to my TV? Model no. DVDF87 (player). I have the power cord, but not the audio-video cable, so will need to buy one.

But before doing so, will this player work with the new TV? Hate to toss it, if it will still work. The kids like to watch DVD's so would like to hook it up.

Appreciate the help. OH, I am not tech savvy at all. ;)

kanewolf

Judicious
Your old player only has composite video out. I can't find a picture or document that says if your new TV has compatible ports. You can check if it has a yellow/white/red set of jacks. But, I would recommend trashing the player and getting one with HDMI out.

Teazviolets

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Teazviolets

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I really do not want to trash it, as it is for the kids. Would like to make it work, so if they break it, there is really no loss at this time. I have the manual, so maybe it would be good to take it with me to the store and see if they can help me.

Thanks so much for your help...

kanewolf

Judicious

If you can post (or find) a picture of the inputs available on the TV I can give you suggestions. If your TV doesn't have yellow/red/white RCA ports, then the cost of the conversion hardware might be as much as a new DVD player ....