Need help deleting malware! Name is tikotin.

a9ch4f

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
Recently, I had this stupid malware installed, called tikotin.com. When I launch google chrome, it redirects me to that website. What does it do, and how do I uninstall it?

Solution
ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM. Tikotin is a form of malware that redirects your default page to tikotin.com. While you may shrug this off, it should be noted that whenever you click on part of a webpage that isn't the top bar, the url, or the hyperlink, you will be redirected to an advertisement for a game or free service which in reality is just more malware. Thankfully, I managed to fix this problem within 12 hours of the installation, so it is unlikely that there is any damage. I have heard reports that it can crash applications like games and Word files, as well as steal your information for commercial of criminal use (framing you for a crime, stealing money from your bank account, stealing your STEAM account D: )...

a9ch4f

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM. Tikotin is a form of malware that redirects your default page to tikotin.com. While you may shrug this off, it should be noted that whenever you click on part of a webpage that isn't the top bar, the url, or the hyperlink, you will be redirected to an advertisement for a game or free service which in reality is just more malware. Thankfully, I managed to fix this problem within 12 hours of the installation, so it is unlikely that there is any damage. I have heard reports that it can crash applications like games and Word files, as well as steal your information for commercial of criminal use (framing you for a crime, stealing money from your bank account, stealing your STEAM account D: ). However, in my experience of half a day, all that happened was redirection. DO NOT IGNORE IT. The longer it stays, the more info it gets and the more redirections you get.
All you have to do is uninstall any unknown programs. Anything that was recently installed in the past week (or whenever you started getting this stupid thing), simply uninstall. From there, you just need to go to the extensions (for Google Chrome) and delete anything you don't recognize. To prevent this from happening in the future, DON'T go on sketchy websites. When installing free, less popular software, make sure to always check what the software is asking to install. That's how I managed to get this. From there, restart your computer. What also helps is to uninstall and reinstall your browser is you feel that paranoid.
Hope this helps.

Solution