Solved! Need help finding a new camera

Xavier_26

Prominent
Mar 7, 2017
Hey,
I am looking for a new camera. Currently i have a canon 100D. I am looking to upgrade to a new camera, I have a budget of $2500 AUD and would mainly like a full frame camera, with good video quality at least 1080p with 60 fps+. Preferably i would like a canon camera so i can use my lenses that i already have, but i could change if the camera is good enough.

I would also like these features but the camera dosen't need to have :
Wifi
High Fps shooting speed
Flip out screen.

Thanks Xavier

Solution

nah not really true, canon dual pixel af is pretty good, also in mirrorless you can just use adapters instantly and get access to bunch of lenses

bjornl

Estimable
You'll need new lenses as the 100d is a crop sensor and the full frame bodies need full frame lenses.

How important is video vs stills? Video = get a mirrorless or deal with slow video focus. Mirrorless also = fewer lenses.

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

nah not really true, canon dual pixel af is pretty good, also in mirrorless you can just use adapters instantly and get access to bunch of lenses

Solution

bjornl

Estimable

Canon's dual pixel AF does not compare in performance to the the panasonic or sony mirrorless AF speed in video. Adapted lenses do not work nearly as well as native. I have adapted several for my mirrorless. No comparison to native.

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

well at least they are not as crappy as nikon af in live view lol