Solved! need help finding battery

mechanicalsonata

Estimable
May 21, 2015
i have a vector II 17 laptop from cyberpower pc, i've had it since october of 2016 and while the laptop still works nice the battery is starting to kick it. my issue is: i am having issues finding the right battery for it!
this is the exact battery it has right now (<- link) and i cannot find it anywhere else besides ebay! if it comes down to it i guess i will just buy it from there but i really do not trust ebay, especially for electronics.

i got the laptop from cyberpower pc and this is what a customer service agent told me:
"Unfortunately, I don't have specific information regarding the battery since we receive the laptop bare bone as a whole from the OEM manufacturer; however, I believe from the information I see that your laptop bare bone is based off the model below so you can try searching online to see if you can find a battery for that model.

MODEL: NL9
MANUFACTURER: QUANTA."

so i did some searching and i still cannot find exactly what i need.
if anything i would at least like something that could fit in this laptop.

my system specs, just in case:
windows 10, x64 bit
intel core i7-6700
16gb RAM
gtx 965

if any more information is needed please let me know!

Solution
Well if Cyberpower is not giving you any help then you are on your own. If eBay resellers are your only option, then go with highest buyer rated one. A couple of lines down I see one from "100digi" out of Hong Kong and they've been selling parts on eBay since 2008. A good sign. I'd go with them. FYI when it comes to spare laptop parts, this is generally the route you'll have to go.

Also keep in mind that you do have buyer protection from eBay for fraud. I have bought replacement laptop parts from these places on eBay for years and never had a problem. They either shipped from Hong Kong or other places in China.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Well if Cyberpower is not giving you any help then you are on your own. If eBay resellers are your only option, then go with highest buyer rated one. A couple of lines down I see one from "100digi" out of Hong Kong and they've been selling parts on eBay since 2008. A good sign. I'd go with them. FYI when it comes to spare laptop parts, this is generally the route you'll have to go.

Also keep in mind that you do have buyer protection from eBay for fraud. I have bought replacement laptop parts from these places on eBay for years and never had a problem. They either shipped from Hong Kong or other places in China.

Solution