Need help getting rid of a Trojan please!

flamerhino

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Hello all! I recently got a Trojan from visiting a random video game forum site. I keep on getting "Threat Detected" message from my free edition of AVG. The threat name is "Trojan Horse Generic 26.BDE" and each time I try to remove the file, AVG says the file does not exist. I guess the Trojan that I have is the ones that keep on opening a new tab and shows some random website.

I already tried Malwarebyte during safe mode, safe mode with networking, and normal windows mode and all found nothing. The Trojan was still active when I was in safe mode with networking because it opened a random website on my browser. I have yet to try #2 since I wasn't sure if I should run Combofix in safe mode or just normal windows mode. Or is there another method that I should try before Combofix?

Thanks in advance for the help! this is as much info as I can provide since i'm not really comp savvy.

flamerhino

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

Thanks, i'll have to try that tonite. Do I run these two programs under safe mode or normal windows mode?

flamerhino

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

I tried running the program (under normal windows mode) and chose rootscan with restart when prompt...it tried to restart and crashed my computer. I had to restart my computer under windows repair mode and go back to a previous restore point. Now the computer seems fine.

should i skip this program?

Thanks!