Need help getting rid of harmful adware

Lehte

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
My mother recently bought a mediocre HP laptop. Some friend of hers installed Windows 7 and she's been using it since a month or so. I've installed malwarebytes on it and manually scan the laptop every day. Although recently some ads "brought to me by SourceApp" have started popping up. I hadn't encountered something like this before but she said they were annoying her, so I put an adblock on her Chrome. That seemed to work for a while until today.

Whenever I try to load a website, Chrome, Firefox and IE just block me out, saying the following: "The site ahead contains harmful programs
Attackers on api.sourceapp.info might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing expirience" (taken from Google Chrome). This is very odd since it happens on every single website, including google.com .

I have made a full scan of the laptop with malwarebytes, it found some non-malware, and I quarantined it, but nothing happened. Same old. I have also been getting some ads on the PC I am writing from by a Chrome extention called "Internet Program" and I don't know how to get rid of it but it has not been causing too much trouble yet. I need some help sorting this out. Thank you for your time and your help in advance!

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
I deactivate malware bytes when i surf the web. Its meant to do that and its very annoying. You can always configure it but the easiest way and fastest way is just to turn it off and on for your scans.

RealBeast

Distinguished
SourceApp is a well known redirect malware that requires specific steps for removal, turning off Malwarebyes will not fix the problem.

bjsm

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

Oh my bad. Didnt read enough