need help in choosing laptop

CarlXXVIII

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
Hi. i have a seller who can provide a rebranded clevo p750dm-g with the ff specs:
i7 6700k
gtx 980m 8gb (w/optimus)
16gb ddr4 ram (kingston hyper x impact)
1tb 7200rpm hdd
15.6 matte 1080p ips w/ gsync.
so here are the questions:
1. is it ok to buy this for 2143 usd?
2. shud i opt for i5 6600k instead of i7 6700k and save a bit?
3. is optimus still that bad?
thanka for your help.

Solution

Hard to say, depends on how much the cost difference is. Very likely by the time games would want something faster than a fast i5 CPU, the video card will also be slow.

I doubt you would need an i7 for games for at least 3 years, but if the cost difference is only $100 or so, then the better CPU may be good to get. If you are looking to spend about $2,000 on a computer, saving 1-200 is not that much especially for a core item like a CPU. If you were talking about a $1,000 system then the budget is a lot higher on the scale, with a high end system, you may just want to stick with the i7.

Hard to say, depends on how much the cost difference is. Very likely by the time games would want something faster than a fast i5 CPU, the video card will also be slow.

I doubt you would need an i7 for games for at least 3 years, but if the cost difference is only $100 or so, then the better CPU may be good to get. If you are looking to spend about $2,000 on a computer, saving 1-200 is not that much especially for a core item like a CPU. If you were talking about a $1,000 system then the budget is a lot higher on the scale, with a high end system, you may just want to stick with the i7.

Solution