Need Help!! Lg Vista vs880 kitkat 4.4.2 no Service on WIFI only.

Maggymayandme

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
I have kitkat 4.4.2 on an lg vista 880 with no service, I use wifi only, so I cannot update any of my system or internals. Only apps. And alot of those wont work because my phone itself is not updated. I need a way to update my phone. Pluse I cant seem to get rid of alot of old proccesses that keep running even after I shut them down and they take up alot of memory. I like my phone and I am not in a position to get another one. That's another reson I have no service and run on wifi only. Also how do I organize all of my bookmarks and get all my email contacts together, and get all my downloads that are similar together, and everthing alphabetized? Oh and get rid of duplicate files that have been created in my google drive and contacts. Everything is just so scattered and copy after copy. I can't seem to find an app that will do all of that. I also do internet email marketing and I can't seem to find an email app that I can keep all of my email templates, campaigns, my affiliate programs, email list, and to be able to send, post, edit, create, etc. All in one spot. Okay, I know thats alot to ask for, but it seems pretty basic to me. File managers don't cut it. If possible if you live in my area, and know how to do this stuff or can create me an app to do it, I would love to meet with you and get my phone under control. I am on the North Oregon Peninsula. Please, I am putting myself into a Pleading position for help. I am desperate at this point. Please reply ASAP. Thank you!

Solution
You should be able to update firmware even if it is over WiFi. That it won't let you is rather odd. Is, perhaps, your phone locked to a specific carrier? That could cause that. If it won't work, I would suggest either looking into custom ROMs and/or posting in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html for info on rooting your device.

As to the old processes. If the apps are still on the device, and not uninstalled, then many will auto run, no matter how many times you turn them off or restart. Personally I find that rather annoying, but on a standard phone, there is no way to avoid it. Were you to root the phone, then perhaps you could remove them or get them to stop even though still...
You should be able to update firmware even if it is over WiFi. That it won't let you is rather odd. Is, perhaps, your phone locked to a specific carrier? That could cause that. If it won't work, I would suggest either looking into custom ROMs and/or posting in the "Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-117.html for info on rooting your device.

As to the old processes. If the apps are still on the device, and not uninstalled, then many will auto run, no matter how many times you turn them off or restart. Personally I find that rather annoying, but on a standard phone, there is no way to avoid it. Were you to root the phone, then perhaps you could remove them or get them to stop even though still on the device. See link above on where to post about rooting.

Most phones won't allow you to alphabetize all that. Not without a specific app(s) that allow it, or moving the files over to a computer, renaming and organizing them there, and then moving them back over to the device. Which, alas, may still change their order.

In regard to the app creation, can't help ya there. Gave up on doing that a while ago and don't live anywhere near there. :) I would suggest you post that part of your question in "Apps General Discussion" Forum. http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/forum-125.html

Solution