Need help on how to clean a laptop that you can't see the fan!

andropidus

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Hello. I have an ASUS R751lb and I find it kind of hard (nearly to impossible, at least for now, it's impossible for me) to clean off the dust because there are no holes making it for me impossible to clean it off with a compressed air.

There is only this thing http://www.notebooktest.pl/typo3temp/pics/c2d87587e2.jpg on the rear part of the laptop and some tiny little holes across the surface below (2 rows) on of my laptop but they are extremely small. And judging from the fan noise they stop before you can get access to the fans. I can not dissemble it since it's still on warranty (dissembling it is the best idea to clean the dust off a laptop) and I can not spray it with compressed air because well.... Theres nothing I can spray. I can definitely spray the rear part of my laptop and get the dust inside my laptop but that won't solve anything. will it?

I've tried sucking up the dust with a vacuum cleaner from the rear part of my laptop but it did not work :/

Any ideas on how to clean it off? It's around 7 months since I bought it and it has starting getting much hotter lately

Solution

Am I SURE? It has pretty much been a given that people are allowed to open up their laptops to clean and do upgrades. Now, if you were to break something while you have the laptop open, that's a different story. If there are no stickers, I wouldn't worry about it. It's either that, or send it back to ASUS to let them clean it out.

andropidus

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015

Are you sure? My laptop does not have any warranty stickers but there should be some sort of a thing so the technicians will notice right?

Am I SURE? It has pretty much been a given that people are allowed to open up their laptops to clean and do upgrades. Now, if you were to break something while you have the laptop open, that's a different story. If there are no stickers, I wouldn't worry about it. It's either that, or send it back to ASUS to let them clean it out.

Solution