Need help on my LG K10

Cmown123

Commendable
May 4, 2016
Hi my phone is lg k10 and i want to move some apps (e.g. games, etc.) to my sd card but there is no option to transfer the apps...

please help on this

Solution
Well it will depend on which OS you are running. If you are running Lollipop, then there is no way to move apps to the SD card. However, if you are using Marshmallow, then it "may" be possible.

If you are running Marshmallow, first you would need to make sure you took everything off the SD card, as to make it internal rather than external, which is what it would need for this, it would erase the data that is already on the card. So copy it to the phone itself, a cloud account or a computer to clear up the SD card.

PLEASE NOTE: Some phone manufacturers have made it so that even though a phone is running Marshmallow, they have chosen to not allow the phone to make the SD card internal. If that is the case on your phone, you would need...
Well it will depend on which OS you are running. If you are running Lollipop, then there is no way to move apps to the SD card. However, if you are using Marshmallow, then it "may" be possible.

If you are running Marshmallow, first you would need to make sure you took everything off the SD card, as to make it internal rather than external, which is what it would need for this, it would erase the data that is already on the card. So copy it to the phone itself, a cloud account or a computer to clear up the SD card.

PLEASE NOTE: Some phone manufacturers have made it so that even though a phone is running Marshmallow, they have chosen to not allow the phone to make the SD card internal. If that is the case on your phone, you would need to talk to the manufacturer to see if there is a way around this.

If the phone lets you do it, please follow these instructions on "How to turn external SD card into internal storage on Marshmallow".

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

Solution

Cmown123

Commendable
May 4, 2016

Thanks i will try it...

PN101

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

PN101

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Disclaimer: I did this 30 seconds ago, and had to share it and I'm not yet aware of the drawbacks. But as it only use legal dev interfaces, loss of data is the worst that can happen.

Prerequisites:

Phone using Android 6.0
SD Card that will get erased
ADB access (developper menu + usb adb enabled + adb authorized)

Commands:

macbook:~ jean$ adb shell
shell@p1:/ $ sm list-disks
disk:179,64
shell@p1:/ $ sm list-volumes all
private mounted null
public:179,65 mounted 9F29-15FD
emulated mounted null

At this point I have a SD formated from the phone. Old cards are public and SD card device id is disk:179,64.

shell@p1:/ $ sm set-force-adoptable true

set-force-adoptable should not be needed. But I'm lazy and I won't do it again to confirm, so there it is.

shell@p1:/ $ sm partition disk:179,64 private

That line repartition and format, it takes time.

shell@p1:/ $ sm set-force-adoptable false
shell@p1:/ $ sm list-volumes all
private:179,66 mounted 0ef3b40b-103f-4331-b0ce-92f105f8xxxx
private mounted null
emulated mounted null
emulated:179,66 unmounted null
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/3z1bfi/enable_adoptable_storage_on_your_lg_g4_stock_no/

This is a win, the card is now mounted as private (internal).

Now, in Settings->Applications, you will be able to move even those apps that didn't want to go to external storage.

PN101

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

No root required

JustAsIAm

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

I am running Android v6.0.1. I do not have a "Format as Internal" option. I only have "Format".

Ideas?

Yolanda_6

Commendable
Dec 12, 2016