Need help picking a good budget microphone

Jul 3, 2015
I recently bought a pair, of sony mdr-1ADACs, and they're great, and I would like to use them as a gaming headphone. I need a decent mic to go with them, my budget is about 70$

Thanks for all help!

Solution
want an attachable boom mic?
modmic is the way to go. be aware of both the uni and omni directional models. if you dont care abut audio or build quality as much the cheaper moovmic may be an option.

want a desk mic?
atr2500 is a good mic for the money. for on the cheap mics from neewer arent terrible either such as the nw-700, nw-800 but you may need a power supply for it if your onboard is not capable of powering it. there is a good video on youtube discussing them. the blue snowball or blue snowball ice are decent microphones as well. be aware - for best recording or voice it helps to have a boom arm, shock mount and pop filter for them.

if you want convenient for the average gamer the modmic is generally the go to product.
want an attachable boom mic?
modmic is the way to go. be aware of both the uni and omni directional models. if you dont care abut audio or build quality as much the cheaper moovmic may be an option.

want a desk mic?
atr2500 is a good mic for the money. for on the cheap mics from neewer arent terrible either such as the nw-700, nw-800 but you may need a power supply for it if your onboard is not capable of powering it. there is a good video on youtube discussing them. the blue snowball or blue snowball ice are decent microphones as well. be aware - for best recording or voice it helps to have a boom arm, shock mount and pop filter for them.

if you want convenient for the average gamer the modmic is generally the go to product.

Solution