Need help picking out new laptop

AJB1973

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
I have had my Asus G73JH for a pretty long time now. Going on 5 or 6 years I believe. It has done me VERY well despite Asus's TERRIBLE customer support!! So now I am looking to buy a new laptop to replace this one. I really don't play games a whole lot. Only once and a while. I mainly use it for work. Need to run stuff like the Adobe suite, Maya, various applications used in I.T. (exchange console, powershell, etc.). However, I want to get some mileage out of it. I got more than my money's worth out of my current laptop. I guess I expect the same or more out of my new one. I have been looking at a few different models but I really am not sure which one would be the best fit. They are all top notch laptops in their own way. But I need to figure out which one is best for me. Especially when the price tag on them tops out around $3500. The four I have narrowed it down to are: Asus ROG G751 series G751JY-DH72X, MSI GT72 Dominator Pro 445, Aorus X7PRO-CF1, or a fully loaded Dell/Alienware 17" Laptop with the i7-4980HQ and nVidia 980 GPU. Does anyone have an educated opinion on which is better and why? Or are there any other contenders I should take into consideration?

Thanks!

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9377-clevo-p377sma-p-6982.html?wconfigure=yes
customise it to incude:
I7 4910HQ
SLI 980Ms
16GB of RAM
250GB SSD
1TB 7200RPM HDD.
extra thermal protection.
operating system.
all that should add up to around $3500 or a bit less, the 980M is on the same level as a 280X desktop class. So imagine 2 of those in SLI and you've got some mega power.
However if you choose to SLI then be warned the battery life will suffer hugely - unless its plugged in constantly you might not get around 2 hours. with a single card config you can get around 5 hours.
if you just want a single GPU laptop due to battery life then would recommend this: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8652-clevo-p650sg-p-7795.html
the spec you want will only cost around 2-2.2k.