Need help selling my laptop.

CoolstarCx

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
I have a hp pavilion dv7-4177nr which I am looking to sell. The hard drive has gone bad so I can no longer boot into windows. I want to sell it and I was wondering what my best option would be. Get a new hard drive and somehow get windows on it or just sell it without a hard drive, and how much I should sell it for.

Solution
Not really worth the effort if you ask me. I found one on E-Bay going for around $160 (current bid) and that had been upgraded to Windows 10.

Check with HP about how to get a replacement OS install disc as your hard drive failed. If they will ship you one for little to no charge, a new 320GB hard drive is going for around $40. Get the new hard drive and install the OS, then you might be able to get between $150 and $175, I would say.

-Wolf sends
Not really worth the effort if you ask me. I found one on E-Bay going for around $160 (current bid) and that had been upgraded to Windows 10.

Check with HP about how to get a replacement OS install disc as your hard drive failed. If they will ship you one for little to no charge, a new 320GB hard drive is going for around $40. Get the new hard drive and install the OS, then you might be able to get between $150 and $175, I would say.

-Wolf sends

Solution