Solved! Need help setting up multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsin4444

Estimable
Dec 27, 2018
I have both a Vive and Rift and want to play both online multiplayer and coop games. What setup is required to do that?

All of the Vive games I play through Steam. Should I start a separate Steam account and run the Rift through that or should I play it through the Oculus store? Also, are there issues playing online together behind the same router.

Finally, any good suggestions on good coop games? I have Arizona Sunshine that I know can be played coop but any other good ones? Thanks, Jason.

Solution
>> I have both a Vive and Rift and want to play both online multiplayer and coop games. What setup is required to do that?
It would be like any multi-player game. You are at the software level, not hardware. (don't overthink it.) :p

>> All of the Vive games I play through Steam. Should I start a separate Steam account and run the Rift through that or should I play it through the Oculus store? Also, are there issues playing online together behind the same router.

What we have here are "fear questions". At this point, my advice is "JUST DO IT!", and then encounter each problem as you reach them. We believe in you!

Also, it has been a few days since last posted.. so hopefully you haven't just been sitting in your living room with...

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
>> I have both a Vive and Rift and want to play both online multiplayer and coop games. What setup is required to do that?
It would be like any multi-player game. You are at the software level, not hardware. (don't overthink it.) :p

>> All of the Vive games I play through Steam. Should I start a separate Steam account and run the Rift through that or should I play it through the Oculus store? Also, are there issues playing online together behind the same router.

What we have here are "fear questions". At this point, my advice is "JUST DO IT!", and then encounter each problem as you reach them. We believe in you!

Also, it has been a few days since last posted.. so hopefully you haven't just been sitting in your living room with your friend and reassuring them, "Don't worry.. they will answer, and then we'll play!"

-- Therefore ---
1) You figured out that the biggest limitation is often the need to own two copies of the game you want to play.
2) You decided if you want to have 2 steam accounts or use your Oculus Store. (all depends on what you've got on what.)

-- Finally!--
The one thing I can answer... fun stuff to play with friends.
1) Arizona Sunshine (it's OK. Graphics are great, but the gameplay get's kinda meh)
2) Star Trek Bridge Crew (so good if you have 4 people starting at the same time. hilarity!)
3) Rec Room (my personal FAV! Some disagree.. and they are wrong!)
4) Pierhead Arcade (kinda solo, but I just liked what the guy made.)

That is plenty.. beyond that, I think sometimes the best is just finding the new random stuff people release, and trying it out with a friend. There is a shitty little game on Steam called "Mortars". It was VR "Scorched Earth"... it wasn't good, but with friends it was fun. (especially since it was $1.)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.