Need help, to choose between this laptop

May 15, 2018
Hi I'm planning to buy a mid range gaming laptop but I'm having a hard time trying to choose between this two laptop's.

Acer Aspire VX 15
Brand ACER
Laptop Type Gaming Laptop
Colour Black
Laptop Processor Intel Core i7
Variant 7700HQ
CPU Speed 2.0 GHz
Max Turbo Frequency Up To 2.8 GHz
No of Cores 4
Laptop Memory (RAM) 12 GB RAM
Type of Memory (RAM) DDR4
Expandable Memory Up To 32 GB
Memory Slots (RAM) 1
Hardware Interface SATA
Storage 1 TB HDD,128 GB SSD
Graphic Processor nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Laptop Graphics Memory 4 GB
Dedicated Graphics Memory Type GDDR5
Laptop Display Size 15-inch

ASUS FX503
Brand ASUS
Laptop Type Gaming Laptop
Colour Black
Laptop Processor Intel Core i7
Variant 7700HQ
Laptop Memory (RAM) 16 GB RAM
Storage 1 TB HDD
Graphic Processor nVidia GeForce GTX 1050
Laptop Graphics Memory 4 GB
Dedicated Graphics Memory Type GDDR5
Laptop Display Size 15-inch

Solution
I'm assuming they are relatively the same price?

If so, go for the Acer, just from a specs point of view. In other words, if there are no other major features in play (cooling design, keyboard extras, etc) the specs on the Acer are much better. I would look into what kind of panels each has for the screen, however, as that's another "big ticket" specification that was left out in what you have listed.

Again, assuming they are the same price, I would happily give up the 4GB RAM and dual channel for a 128GB SSD and a Ti card.

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
I'm assuming they are relatively the same price?

If so, go for the Acer, just from a specs point of view. In other words, if there are no other major features in play (cooling design, keyboard extras, etc) the specs on the Acer are much better. I would look into what kind of panels each has for the screen, however, as that's another "big ticket" specification that was left out in what you have listed.

Again, assuming they are the same price, I would happily give up the 4GB RAM and dual channel for a 128GB SSD and a Ti card.

Solution
May 15, 2018
Yes they are in the same range of price but I had doubt that the ACER GPU is not the correct GPU as per the seller is claiming it to be. Because when I checked this product model number(NH.GM2EM.060) to Acer website, I confirmed that its only GTX1050 and not 1050ti. But either way the extra 4GB RAM and SSD is still great when compare to ASUS.

Thanks