Solved! Need help with 4k pass through from new PS4 Pro

aworrell222

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Same 4k support pass through issue as the thread with the same name from May 29, 2017. I am using an LG 65B6P through a Yamaha RX-A840 and can't get past YUV420 and HDCP 1.4. I followed the instructions and set to 4K mode 1. Any advice and should the TV settings be something specific? Thanks!

Solution
I would suggest you first try the source connected directly to the TV. On some TVs not all the HDMI inputs are 2.0 Sometimes you have to turn 4k on manually on the TV, Make sure that the source is set for 4k and that whatever you are playing is 4k.
If you get that working then check all the menus in the Yamaha to see if there is any video processing that can be shut down,
I would suggest you first try the source connected directly to the TV. On some TVs not all the HDMI inputs are 2.0 Sometimes you have to turn 4k on manually on the TV, Make sure that the source is set for 4k and that whatever you are playing is 4k.
If you get that working then check all the menus in the Yamaha to see if there is any video processing that can be shut down,

Solution

aworrell222

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Thanks very much for the reply! Found out it's my PSVR in the chain that is the issue, not supporting pass through, so nothing to do about that that I can see. Again thanks!