Need help with choosing a tablet

eltrex7

Estimable
Mar 4, 2014
1. Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet?

Yes

2. Do you already have an operating system in mind? If so specify (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Windows RT, Windows 8, etc)

Any would do. But most likely android

3. What screen size do you have in mind? And your preferred resolution (not required but helps)?

10 inch or more, i need it to be that size

4. Preferred Brand(s) - (ex. Microsoft, Samsung, Asus, Apple)

none. but i read asus had great reviews

5. Brands Not Preferred (specify why) (ex. Hannspree, Acer, etc.)

cant be really sure.

6. How much do you want to spend on your tablet?

200$ top since i'm not american and i have a dollar restriction policy in my country, and i need other products as well (yeah it sux)

7. Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only?

wifi only

8. If you do have cellular service, who is your provider and how much data are you allowed per month?

nope

9. Do you want the tablet to be a full laptop replacement?

as a laptop replacement yes, as a desktop replacement not really. i have a nice rig for gaming already, so i will only use it for studying

10. What existing apps do you use? What do you intend to do with this tablet?

only will use it for reading books (for my career) and web surfing. maybe a game or two but i'm not really concern about power gaming on it.
apps: youtube, adobe reader, some light game as angry birds, not much more

i saw great reviews on the nexus 7, but i would really like a 10inch tablet since i would use it for reading heavy books (i'm an system engineer student). so i found the ASUS MeMO Pad 10 ME102A and i believe it's kind of what i'm looking for. i just dont know if there is any other tablet better than the memo at the same price range from a reliable manufacturer.

any help is welcome and thanks beforehand. and sorry for my grammar, my english is kind of rusty.

Solution
The Asus Memo Pad would definitely be a good option. Asus makes good tablets in my opinion. I also like LG. You should be able to get 2GB of RAM and most likely a quad core processor, dual core at the very minimum. You should also be able to have dual cameras on it as well as bluetooth...and obviously wifi. Here is a deal I found that has very nice components in it. It is an off brand, but the hardware is quite nice. Even has an HDMI output.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3DC17R7042

I can keep looking around for ya, and will let you know if I find another better deal. Personally, after I owned a 10.1" tablet, I ended up preffering an 8" screen over the 10. The 10.1" was a little too big for my liking. But that is...

RookieOfTheYear

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
The Asus Memo Pad would definitely be a good option. Asus makes good tablets in my opinion. I also like LG. You should be able to get 2GB of RAM and most likely a quad core processor, dual core at the very minimum. You should also be able to have dual cameras on it as well as bluetooth...and obviously wifi. Here is a deal I found that has very nice components in it. It is an off brand, but the hardware is quite nice. Even has an HDMI output.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3DC17R7042

I can keep looking around for ya, and will let you know if I find another better deal. Personally, after I owned a 10.1" tablet, I ended up preffering an 8" screen over the 10. The 10.1" was a little too big for my liking. But that is just preference. Feel free to ask me any other questions you might have.

Solution

eltrex7

Estimable
Mar 4, 2014
thank man, and no need to keep searching. i actually wanted to know if the memo was worthy, since it was the best deal i found on 10inch.
that tablet you show me is amazing but i need to be from a know manufacture since in my country i could only get tec service from big manufacturers as asus, LG, Lenovo and so on, if i could i would go for that one.