Question Need help with Dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
I bought a laptop from a computer refurber he claimed everything worked on it. Everything seems to work fine except the dvd drive. Put movie dvd in and i can see it recognizes it but wont play it. I do see windows media player is installed but dont understand why it wont play it.
There might be some kind of setting i need to change? Windows media player is the default.
Thanks in advance 👍

Nov 27, 2020
Maybe the machine needs some codecs to play DVDs.
Try googling K-Lite codec pack, install the codec pack and see if it resolves your problems. I have had it on multiple computers and it has never let me down. If this does not help, then the problem lies elsewhere.

Reactions: Terrir

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
I am using windows 10
Oh and no i havent tried another dvd yet. I had same problem with my old laptop. It would freeze in the middle of the movie and sometimes it would unfreeze itself but the last time it didnt then a question mark appeared like it couldnt find the drive.
So i just assume this one may be doing the same thing. Idk....

Terrir

Commendable
Nov 27, 2020
what version of windows? w10 don't have dvd player
download and use vlc player
Thanks rgd 1101, i am using windows 10 and wow i didnt know that windows 10 didnt have a download for dvd player. I wonder why?
I used to have VLC on my other laptop it was good but kinda had a steep learning curve. Sometimes i got it to work but i didnt know how lol!
I dont have internet on my pc/ laptop at this time for atleast another month or two as we are building a house but next week i will have hotspot on my phone plan and hope i can download the vlc then so i will come back to either let you know how it works or i need more information.

Thanks very much, always appreciate the help on these boards.

Reactions: omegadoom13
Status
Not open for further replies.