Need help with HDMI

Likethat

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Hello people,

I have a ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI HERO (SOCKET 1150) motherboard and a 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) Graphics card.

Running Windows 10.

I also have a 4K TV and an HTC Vive.

That is all, I just wanted to brag.

Lol just kidding.

I can't seem to get the HDMI port in the motherboard to work. I was told that I might need to enable the on-board graphics card in BIOS and that the motherboard should be able to support dual gpu's or something before it is even possible.

So my problem is that I tried looking in BIOS but couldn't find anything.

All I want is that when I have guests over and one is using the Vive that the rest can watch/follow on the TV instead of my PC monitor. But right now only one of the two can be plugged in/used at the same time.

Likethat

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Likethat : "Need help with HDMI"

Hello people,

I have a ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI HERO (SOCKET 1150) motherboard and a 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) Graphics card.

Running Windows 10.

I also have a 4K TV and an HTC Vive.

That is all, I just wanted to brag.

Lol just kidding.

I can't seem to get the HDMI port in the motherboard to work. I was told that I might need to enable the on-board graphics card in BIOS and that the motherboard should be able to support dual gpu's or something before it is even possible.

So my problem is that I tried looking in BIOS but couldn't find anything.

All I want is that when I have guests over and one is using the Vive that the rest can watch/follow on the TV instead of my PC monitor. But right now only one of the two can be plugged in/used at the same time.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Well a 1080Ti has 11GB of memory not 3GB, so that isn't quite right.

Socket 1150 means Haswell or Devil's Canyon, ie 4th generation Intel CPUs. What CPU do you actually have? Those ending in a P designation do not have graphics at all. All the K, T, etc designations will have onboard graphics. It is typical for this to be disabled when a GPU is installed.

Any particular reason you don't just use the 1080Ti. If it is just for a secondary screen it will hardly have an impact on gaming perfomance.

Dual GPUs is an entirely different topic, your motherboard does support SLI and Crossfire and you could install a second 1080Ti if you wanted to.

Sounds like you just need a display port adapter to HDMI. And then to duplicate the display output. Pretty sure they would see a distorted image though. You should check your HTC Vive's configuration in game to see if a non-distorted spectator mode exists.

Likethat

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

Yeah I copied it from Speccy but it seems that there is an error that makes it show 3gb.

you ask why I don't just use the gpu, well I am, I am using the hdmi from the gpu for either the TV or the HTC Vive, and I want to use them both at the same time, so people can see what the person using the Vive sees on the TV.

Depending on the specific card, you should be able to use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter for either the HDTV (if needed) or the headset. Otherwise, check your system BIOS under System Agent Configuration for a setting called, iGPU Multi-Monitor and set it to Enabled.

This MIGHT enable the on-board graphics of your processor to use at the same time as the graphics card (assuming your CPU supports onboard graphics).

-Wolf sends

P.S. ASUS Maximus VI Hero User's Manual: See pgs 3-31/32.

Likethat

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

HAHAHA the holes were covered with a tiny black rubber button, so I totally missed them when first checking behind the PC. You made me search google images and then check again where I saw them.

Omg so great, thanks for that :D

TRENDING THREADS