Need help with J7 set up

Oct 2, 2021
Bought an unlocked 2018 Samsung Galaxy J7 (originally an AT&T phone).
My carrier is US Mobile and they said all I have to do is switch the sim card from my old phone (also on US Mobile) to the J7 and I would be good to go.
But it keeps saying "Emergency Calls Only".
I am a senior that gets confused easily with all the tech stuff. Can someone tell me how to set up this phone please.

The SIM card is basis of the telephone service and if you need to remove it from the 'phone and put it in the new one. It usually needs you to remove the back panel. A finger nail is the best tool. Do the same with the battery and you should see a tiny card with one corner cut off. Slide it from the slot.

You now how to put it the new 'phone.

The "credit on the card" I raised up was to find out whether you have any credit to make a call. The message your 'phone gave you is the universal popped up when would you have no credit on that card.

Being old is no reason to think you can't do things. I'm two months short of my seventy fifth birthday and I only just retired from my PC fixing business.

We all can do it.

Oct 2, 2021
The SIM card is basis of the telephone service and if you need to remove it from the 'phone and put it in the new one. It usually needs you to remove the back panel. A finger nail is the best tool. Do the same with the battery and you should see a tiny card with one corner cut off. Slide it from the slot.

You now how to put it the new 'phone.

The "credit on the card" I raised up was to find out whether you have any credit to make a call. The message your 'phone gave you is the universal popped up when would you have no credit on that card.

Being old is no reason to think you can't do things. I'm two months short of my seventy fifth birthday and I only just retired from my PC fixing business.

We all can do it.
Thank you my friend. It was a new sim card from my Carrier and was activated.
But even though the phone is unlocked, it was originally for AT&T so it was loaded with AT&T "bloatware". Anyway, I got so frustrated with it I sent it back.
But thank you again for your advice and help offered.

Thank you my friend. It was a new sim card from my Carrier and was activated.
But even though the phone is unlocked, it was originally for AT&T so it was loaded with AT&T "bloatware". Anyway, I got so frustrated with it I sent it back.
But thank you again for your advice and help offered.

The phone being unlocked does not mean it will be a clean Android version, it just means it can be activated on different networks. It's like buying a used car, if you buy a Chevy, even though you are free to take it where you want and sell it to who you want, it's still a Chevy with a Chevy engine and parts and if the person you bought it from was messy it can still have their old fries on the floor. Same thing with a phone made for a specific carrier, unlocked or not, it's still the same base build it was before.

Usually you need to contact your carrier to activate a new phone, even on an active SIM card you moved. Some do have an end-user activation that you can get to by punching in a specific phone number that takes you through the steps of activating it.